Simply follow the Booking link on our home page
To confirm your reservation you can use our easy and secure payment system through vrbo to submit a deposit of 50% of the total rental amount. The remaining 50% will be due 60 days prior to your arrival and a convenient payment reminder will be emailed to you at that time.
You will receive a complete refund of your deposit for all reservations cancelled or changed up until 60 days prior to your arrival. After 60 days there will be no refund of any deposited amounts.
Welcome to the Emerald Coast! You have been assigned your personal door code that allows entry to the home any time during your reservation period from 4:00 pm on your day of arrival until 10:00 am on your day of departure.
If the property is not cleaned to your satisfaction upon arrival, please let us know immediately. We will have it recleaned that day. It must be reported to us on the day of arrival in order for a no-charge cleaning to be accomplished.
If you notice any maintenance issues at the home please let us know via email or if time critical via phone.
Please bring trash containers to curbside with lid opening toward street on MONDAY AND THURSDAY EVENINGS (pickup is the next morning). If this isn’t done you may run out of room in the cans and if they are full upon your departure we will have trouble getting the home ready for the next guests and will have to find some way of disposing of the trash. Thank you for your help with this!
Please keep doors and windows closed when a/c is running or condensation will build up in the vents and drip down the wall which can damage the sheetrock.
Emergencies: Please contact us immediately if you notice any of the following:
- gas smell
- alarm beeping continuously
- a/c or heat not working
- unable to access property
- water leak
- roof leak
Supplies: bath towels, kitchen towels, and linens are supplied; beach towels are not; an initial supply of the following are provided: kitchen paper towels, kitchen soap and dishwashing detergent, kitchen trash bags, laundry soap (use only high efficiency soap), toilet paper, bath body wash, makeup remover.
Outdoor Gas Grill: Please keep clean and do not damage concrete in the adjacent area. See FAQ for information on the propane tank.
Swimming Pool: The renter accepts all risk of the pool and specifically agrees that no minor will swim in the pool unaccompanied by an adult.
Elevator: Please carefully follow the below instructions for the safety of your party and to prevent a $150 maintenance fee. Failure to comply with these precautions could result in malfunction of the elevator and injury:
- ALWAYS HAVE A CELL PHONE WITH YOU WHEN USING ELEVATOR IN CASE IT WERE TO JAM WITH YOU INSIDE OF IT AND YOU CAN’T FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN IT!
- If you cannot open the door after you are sure it is stopped on the desired floor, there is a latch up near the top of the door that you can push to manually open the door.
- Do not let children under the age of 18 use the elevator unsupervised
- Before boarding the elevator, make sure all shaft exterior doors are closed on every floor. If not properly closed, the door will not automatically lock itself into position and will not reopen without maintenance personnel.
- Press the “call” button next to the elevator door and wait for the button light to come on and the door to click unlocked. This indicates the elevator has arrived and is ready for boarding.
- Once inside elevator, you must close exterior door first followed by the interior door. This is important! Interior doors have magnetic strips that connect to the door frame. Firmly close interior door and gently pull to make sure the door is in locked position. Next, slect the desired floor.
- After waiting to arrive, exit the elevator by opening the interior door followed by the exterior door. Remmber to close the interior door when you exit before you close the exterior door! The elevator will jam and will require maintenance to reopen.
- WAIT FOR ELEVATOR TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP. IF DOORS ARE OPEN PREMATURELY THE ELEVATOR WILL COME TO A COMPLETE STOP BETWEEN FLOORS!
- If the elevator fails to start or jams during operation, please call us for mx.
- No food or drinks in the bedrooms
- Trash must be removed from the home and cans placed at the curb on Monday and Thursday evenings.
- Do not leave the a/c on with the doors/windows open. This will cause the units to freeze and stop working.
- Be respectful of other guests staying in the neighboring houses. Quiet time is 10:00 pm – 7:00 am, in conjunction with Okaloosa County noise ordinances. If the police come to the home more than once due to a violation of Destin’s noise regulations or for any other violation of law, you will be asked to vacate the property and your rental will be terminated.
- Do not leave anything on the beach overnight. The beach patrol will take anything left overnight and you will be charged.
- Please treat this home as you would your own. The homeowner has supplied everything in the home for your convenience. Please leave everything you find in the home for the next guests.
- NO SMOKING! This is a non-smoking home. Smoking in the home will result in a fee for removing the smell from the home. If you smoke outside, please make sure that all windows and doors are shut and remove cigarrette butts.
- No tents are allowed on the beach
- No pets are allowed in the home
· Prior to departing the home please accomplish the following:
- Please remove trash from all trash cans and place in the large green cans at the front of the home
- Remove all food items from the refrigerator and anywhere else food was stored.
- Ensure all dishes and cookware are clean
- Return any furniture that was moved back to its original position.
- There is no need to “strip” beds or “pile” towels when leaving unit.
- Please be sure all bikes are in the storage shed and secure the cable locks and the door padlocks.
- Lock all doors upon departure
· This is our home and we hope that you would treat it as you would your own. If the home is not left in the condition described in this checkout procedure, there are lost or damaged items, or it’s condition requires our housekeepers to do a deep cleaning, there will be an extra charge added to your bill. Thank you for your help taking care of our home!
Report Damage: With your rental you have purchased property damage insurance that may or may not cover damage depending on the nature of the damage, how it occurred, and if damage is reported upon your departure. If reported, it will likely be covered by your damage insurance, but if discovered after your departure it may not be.
Empty Propane Tank – If your tank is empty there is a spare one located next to the BBQ or in the bike shed. Please let us know if you have switched them out.
Refrigerator not cooling – It can take 12 hours to cool if just stocked up. Make sure the refridgerator and freezer are set at the mid cooling range
My electric is out in part of the house – Have you reset the GFI switch (a little button on one of the outlets usually in the bathrooms or kitchen)? Have you checked the breaker box for any tripped breakers?
My water is not hot enough – We ensure that all hot water heaters are set to the optimal temperature. While this large home has a 3 hot water heaters (one on each floor) you may need to allow time between showers, running the dishwasher, etc. for the water to fully reheat.
Air conditioning is not cooling and/or vents dripping condensation – Make sure it is in the “cool” position, on the auto setting, and set no lower than 70 degrees. Make sure all doors and windows are shut as this can cause the humidity level inside to rise and the unit to freeze.
We have no ice – The ice bin has been emptied for sanitation. Ice will take 12-24 hours to produce.
Pool Alarms – The home alarm system is set to “door chime” and there is a pool alarm in the home on the back door for the security of small children; PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS SETTING AS A FUTURE GUEST THEN MIGHT NOT HAVE THIS PROTECTION.
Garbage disposal does not work – push the reset button located on the disposal underneath the sink.
Smoke detector is beeping – Are you cooking? If so, turn on the fan in the kitchen or open a door/window (continuous intermittent beeping indicates a low battery; please let us know)
We do not have enough towels – the property is adequately stocked with 2 sets of towels per occupant. A washer/dryer is located on the second and third floors for your use if you need to refresh supply.
Pool not warm enough – The pool will only heat to approximately 10 degrees warmer than the air temperature. Pools will not reach the temperatures approaching those of a hot tub. Water must be kept 12 way up the skimmer to maintain operation. If low, please use garden hose to fill.
Trash – Destin trash pickup is on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Cans must be placed at edge of street night before for the trash trucks to pick up. Please bag all trash before it goes into the cans. A CLEANING FEE will be assessed if you dump loose food/garbage into the trash cans.
Keyless locks – If your ode is not working, please make sure the green light flashes after each number. If the red light comes on, please wait until it stops before trying again. I f the wrong code is entered, wait 1 minute before re-entering. If the red light and green light alternate flashing, battery needs replacing; please contact us right away.
WiFi (Network name: Network05 password: royaltomato752); this has proven very reliable so first check that you are using your own device correctly and looking for the correct network and putting in the correct password. If this doesn not allow you to see the network on your device you can try the following:
1. Unplug the modem (located in the living room) and the router (located in the closet of the center, south facing room on the 2nd floor). Leave both unplugged for 30 seconds.
2. Plug modem in and wait for blinking lights to stop (about 2 min).
3. plug router in.
4. Run a search on the computer for the network name (netgear05)
5. Input password
6. If it still doesn’t conect, push and hold the small reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds.
7. The router is now factory reset and the name of the router is defaulted to Netgear
8. If you still cannot connect let us know and we will work on it for you.